Mumbai Style Egg Bhurji (Indian Style Scrambled Eggs)
Sunday ho Monday; Roz khao Ande had been a line from a popular ditty of an ad that was advocating the consumption of Egg. Indeed! Eggs are the cheapest source for getting high quality protein. The egg whites are rich in selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12 and minerals such as zinc, iron and copper. Egg yolk contains cholesterol, fat soluble vitamins A, D, E and K and lecithin.
The popularity of eggs are well deserved.
Eggs are considered to be the ‘Complete’ source of protein as they contain all the 9 essential amino acids our body needs
But even if eggs are healthy and nutritious, you seriously will begin to gag if you are forced to eat the same thing everyday. So we constantly reinvent egg into various dishes and one of them is the easy to make egg bhurji.
Today I am going to give you the recipe for Mumbai style egg bhurji.
Ingredients for Egg Bhurji:
Eggs – 4
Onion – 2 (medium sized)
Tomato – 2 (firm ones)
Green Chilli – 3 nos
Capsicum – 1
Ginger – 1 – 2 tsp (grated)
Coriander leaves – 1/4 cup for garnish
Oil – 2 tsp or more
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cummin – 1 tsp (less if you don’t like the flavor)
Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – acc to taste
Butter – 2 spoon
Pav Bhaji Masala
Hing – a pinch
Take a bowl, Break the eggs. Beat them until frothy.
2. Heat a wok. Add oil and heat it.
3. Add cummin seeds. When it starts spluttering add chopped onion, green chillies and fry in medium heat.
4. When onion turns translucent, add capsicum, half of coriander leaves. Continue frying for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add chopped tomatoes. Fry until tomatoes turn soft.
6. Add 1 tsp butter, pav bhaji masala, chilli powder, salt and turmeric powder. Mix until well blended.
7. When the veggies are done, add the beaten eggs and the remaining coriander leaves. Mix well and let the eggs cook.
8. Add 1 spoon butter, stir and mix before removing from the fire.
(Also Read: South Indian Mutton Curry Recipe)
Note: You can turn this dish more nutritious by adding veggies such as beans, carrots, peas. Just remember to pre-boil the veggies before adding them to the mix.