Seven cup Cake is a delicious recipe, an easy home made sweet making it a comfortable choice to be prepared for festivals. Anyone can try this as it involves very simple steps.
As the name suggests, it is prepared using 7 cups of equal measure of ingredients.
A sure shot recipe with all age groups. It can easily be one of the Diwali sweets, you would distribute to your friends and relatives.
Our version of this recipe is simpler and easier, requiring around 15-20 minutes in all.
Ingredients for Seven Cup Cake
Besan/ Gram flour – 1 cup
Ghee – 1 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Grated coconut – 1 cup
Sugar – 3 cups
- Mix all of the above ingredients without lumps in a thick bottomed vessel/pan.
2. Take a thick bottomed wok, Heat the above mentioned mixture gradually over a medium flame. Stir constantly so that lumps do not form.
3. The liquid mix will soon start to thicken, keep an eye and ensure that they do not get stuck to the bottom of the vessel. Once the mix has thickened to your satisfaction and you begin to get a good aroma. switch off the stove.
4. Spread the sweet over a greased plate/tray. When it is still warm, cut into small pieces. Allow it to set.
Besan Sheera is liquid kind of same dessert. The Sheera is devoid of nuts and coconut. This is very good for people suffering from cough and cold. This is a cough home remedy used in many a punjabi household and they swear by the effectiveness of it.
- For added flavor and fragrance, you can also add a little cardamom powder.
- You can mildly dry or ghee roast the gram flour until the raw smell goes off. Don’t over do until the flour changes its color. If you are using ghee, use a very little quantity.
- Sprinkle a few shredded nuts of cashew and/or Almonds, when the sweet is left to cool over the greased plate and before they are cut into small pieces.
:-) Like and Share if you find the recipe good and useful. Watch this space for more simple, tasty and healthy recipes.